Please carefully read and follow the MFAH Rules, GCA Rules, General Information, Division Guidelines, and Timetable for Exhibitors.
1. An exhibitor is permitted only one entry per class, but may enter more than one class. The exhibitor(s) under whose name(s) the entry has been registered must create and complete the design. All participants must be listed. Only listed exhibitors and show personnel may be on the show floor at the time of entry. Once an entry is passed, the exhibitor(s) must immediately leave the show floor.
2. No more than two exhibitors may execute an entry.
3. If forced to withdraw, an exhibitor must notify the Registration Chairs and the Division Chairs and find a substitute unless there is a waiting list for the class.
4. Mechanics should not be visible unless they are an integral part of the design.
5. All designs must be executed at the show except as noted in the schedule. However, complex components requiring extensive time for construction may be prefabricated and then assembled at the show.
6. Anything not prohibited in the MFAH Rules, GCA Rules, Floral Design Guidelines, or individual class descriptions is permitted.
7. Cut fruits and cut vegetables are not permitted. Food of any kind is not permitted in Class 6. Neither fur nor hair is permitted.
8. Judging will be based on the principles of design: balance, contrast,
domi nance, proportion, rhythm, and scale; and the elements of design: light, space, line, form, color, texture, pattern, and size. Creativity is important, as is distinction, conformance, and interpretation of the class and schedule. For the scale of points for Floral Design, please refer to the GCA Flower Show and Judging Guide Chapter V, Section IX or follow the link at flohouston.wpengine.com.
9. Accessories are permitted, unless otherwise stated in the class description.
10. All pedestals are painted Benjamin Moore Super White. Pedestals may not be moved. Tops of pedestals may not be enlarged or draped.
11. Registration opens Monday, September 17, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. CST, and closes Wednesday, January 23, 2019, online at flohouston.wpengine.com. For questions regarding registration, please contact the Registration Chairs.
12. Color reproductions of works of art, where applicable, will be online at flohouston.wpengine.com. It is possible the colors will not match the actual colors
of the piece of art perfectly and the Judges will be made aware of this.
13. Museum collections are subject to change. If this occurs, the Flower Design Committee will notify exhibitors as soon as possible.
14. A plant list with the botanical and common names along with an optional*, brief statement of intent, no more than 25 words, should be entered using the entry form online at flohouston.wpengine.com by Friday, March 29, 2019. * Class 6 has a required statement of intent. Changes may be made at the show.
15. Challenge Class 3 is open only to individual out-of-town GCA members of the Judging Program, at any level, and the required fee of $80 must be paid at time of registration using the online form at flohouston.wpengine.com.
16. All entries must be removed on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, between
5:15–6:00 p.m. For an additional fee, an out-of-town exhibitor’s entry may be returned by a shipping service. Please go to flohouston.wpengine.com
By e-mail at any time. By telephone weekdays, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Central Time.
Liz Wozencraft, email@example.com, 713-252-3720
Kelty Crain, firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-562-8808