Please carefully read and follow the MFAH Rules, GCA Rules, General Information, Division Guidelines, and Timetable for Exhibitors.
1. There is no length of ownership requirement.
2. Live, rooted plant material must dominate the design. No cut flowers are allowed in Classes 1, 3, or 4.
3. Accessories are permitted in Classes 1 and 3.
4. Exhibitors are permitted only one entry per class, but may enter more than one class. Each exhibit must be the work of the exhibitor(s) under whose name(s) it has been registered. All participants must be listed on the online entry form. Only listed exhibitors and show personnel may be on the show floor at the time of entry.
5. Once an entry is passed, the exhibitor must immediately leave the show floor.
6. No more than two exhibitors may execute an entry.
7. Registration opens Monday, September 17, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. CST, and closes Wednesday, January 23, 2019, online at flohouston.wpengine.com. For any questions regarding registration, please contact the Registration Chairs.
8. If forced to withdraw, an exhibitor must notify the Registration Chairs and the Division Chairs and then find a substitute unless there is a waiting list for the class.
9. Containers are provided in Classes 1, 2, and 4. No structural alteration of provided containers is permitted. Embellishment permitted to provided container in
Class 1 only.
10. A plant list with the botanical and common names along with a mandatory statement of intent, of no more than 25 words, should be entered using the entry form online at flohouston.wpengine.com by Wednesday, April 3, 2019. Changes may be made at the show.
11. A key card (diagram identifying the plant material) is required for all classes on a 4” x 6” unlined white card, and must accompany the entry. The information must be written or printed in black waterproof medium. A 4” x 6” photograph with identifying marks may be used in lieu of a drawn diagram. Multiple cards may be used to complete all information; note the Division, Class, and entry number on each card and clip cards together.
12. Entries must go through Division II Horticulture Plant Inspection prior to entering the Museum. Plant Inspection is located in the Horticulture Entry area in the MFAH Parking Garage and Visitor Center (enter off Binz Street).
13. After clearing Horticulture Plant inspection, entries should be brought to
Gallery 207 to be passed in place. See General Information #6 and #7 for information on passing.
14. Entries will be judged according to the scale of points for Horticulture; please refer to Flower Show & Judging Guide, Chapter V, Section XIII, or follow the link at flohouston.wpengine.com.
15. All exhibits must be removed on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, between 5:15–6:00 pm.
By e-mail at any time. By telephone weekdays, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Central Time.
Dodie Jackson, email@example.com, 713-299-2694
Stephanie Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-875-4664