Please carefully read and follow the GCA Rules, Museum Rules, General Information, and Timetable for Exhibitors.
REGISTRATION & ENTRY
- Registration is open Friday, July 1, 2022, through Thursday, October 13, 2022. Registration will be by email only to Lisa Bailey at email@example.com. For registration questions, please contact the Registration Chair.
- An exhibitor is permitted only one entry per class, but may enter more than one class with permission from the division chairs. Each exhibit must be the work of the exhibitor under whose name it has been entered.
- If forced to withdraw, an exhibitor must find a substitute unless there is a waiting list for the class. The division chairs must be notified immediately of any changes. Canvases must be returned if a class is withdrawn.
- Registration fee of $125, must be paid at the time of registration and includes canvas and finishing, but does not include threads that must be selected and purchased by the exhibitor. Contact the division chairs for payment information.
- Exhibitors may ship or deliver entry/entries to Lisa Bailey, 6003 Park Circle Drive, Houston, TX 77057. Entries must be received no later than Thursday, November 17, 2022.
- Canvases will be distributed upon receipt of registration and fee.
- There are no thread requirements. Beading and embellishment are allowed.
- All canvases will be finished in the same style by the division chairs.
- Consultants may be used for the design of the stitches.
PASSING & PLACEMENT
- All entries will be passed by the division chairs on Monday, November 21, 2022, to verify class specifications have been met.
- The division chairs will install all of the exhibits. Each exhibit will be handled with the utmost care, but the chairs assume no responsibility for damage, loss, or personal injury before, during, or after the show.
- Needle Arts is not eligible for a GCA award because it is a Specialty Class.
Scale of points
- Design: 35
- Craftsmanship: 30
- Creativity: 15
- Interpretation of theme: 10
- Distinction: 10
- Total: 100
All entries must be removed on Friday, April 28, 2023, between 8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. For an additional fee, an out-of-town exhibitor’s entry may be returned by a shipping service.
Email inquiries at any time. Telephone inquiries should be made weekdays between 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. CST.